Today’s high-tech vehicles make more electrical demands than ever before, and your car’s battery helps meet those demands in a variety of ways. The car battery supplies electrical current for the starter motor to crank the engine, and it provides power to electrical accessories when the engine is off. During vehicle operation, when electrical loads exceed charging system capacity, the battery steps in to provide any needed extra current. And throughout all this, the car battery acts as a voltage stabilizer for the entire electrical system. Early detection of weak components can save you time, money and inconvenience.
Car Battery Installation FREE! (WITH BATTERY PURCHASE)
Car Battery Protection ADD-ON SERVICE
- *Note: Battery Installation is free with battery purchase for most vehicles, excluding High Voltage primary batteries in electric and hybrid vehicles.
- *Note: Some batteries may not be offered for some vehicles.
• Always wear eye protection, gloves, and old or protective clothing.
• Avoid squeezing or tipping the battery in any manner that could cause acid to spill out. In the even of a spill, flush the area immediately with water.
• Take special care not to drop the battery. Batteries are heavy and can cause personal injury. In addition, the battery case may crack, creating an acid spill.
• Never smoke when servicing a battery, or expose the battery to a spark or open flame. Charging batteries to produce hydrogen gas that can ignite and cause an explosion.
• Remove all jewelry. A ring, watch or other metal object that creates a short between the positive battery terminal and ground can cause explosive sparks or serious burns. For the same reason, never place metal tools near, or on top of, the battery.
• Always wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling a battery. This will dilute and neutralize any acid with which yo may have come in contact.
Failing Battery Warning Signs
• The start motor cranks the engine slowly.
• The headlamps are dim, particularly at idle.
• The battery/charging warning lamp is illuminated.
Not Sure What You Need?
We're happy to answer any questions you may have and will guide you through the process every step of the way. Give us a call today and see how one of our trusted technicians can better assist your needs.
© Copyright Tire4Less | All Rights Reserved